– Women in God’s Service
Sorry guys, girls only!
- WinGS (Women In God’s Service) includes any and all women attending Main Street. It’s a women’s program designed to provide an opportunity for service, fellowship, and spiritual growth with fellow sisters.
- WinGS has several ministries for our women to partake in.
- Wednesday Night Bible Class: meets every week in the fellowship hall at 6:30pm. We study God’s word and strive to apply it to our daily lives. You won’t find a warmer, more inviting group of women. Please feel welcomed to join us.
- Fall & Winter Bible Studies: these studies are outside of church classes and are designed to take a closer, in-depth look at God’s word, our own walk with Him, and to focus on ways in which we can grow in our faith.
- Apples of Gold: This is a six week mentoring program for women based on Titus 2:3-5. It is designed to help us prepare for the next season in our life and to grow spiritually with our Lord. Participants are welcome from our church or from the community.
- SALT: (Seated At the Lord’s Table): Based on Colossians 4:6, these small group connections promote monthly fellowship, service, scripture memory and growth for women in every season of life. New groups are formed yearly but can be joined at any time during the year. Contact Meghan Parker or Lauren Drake for information.
- Book Club: A group of women meet every few months to fellowship with one another and discuss a chosen book. The location is at different participant’s home. Please see Gay Rushing or Jackie Williams if you are interested.
- Women’s Retreat/Ladies Conference: each year we gather together for a weekend of worship, setting aside distractions and focusing on glorifying and praising God. Look for more details in our church bulletin each February.
- Service Projects: Each year we strive to partake in different benevolent projects within our community. This helps us reach others outside of our church walls, offering them a needed service, and helping them to feel the love of Jesus.
- Miscellaneous Fellowship Activities: our frequent activities are designed to create fellowship among one another and to help us draw closer together in Christ. Some activities have included: Salad suppers, painting parties, clothing swaps, and movie nights. They are fun activities which are intended to help us create community with one another.
- Promotions of ministries outside of WinGS: we provide encouragement and help to our Education departments, Vacation Bible School, Camp, Lads to Leaders, Youth in Action, Bible Bowl, Outreach, etc..
- Ongoing Missions and Ministries We Support:
- Open Door Pregnancy Center project – contact Stephanie Dorris
- Healing Hands International M.A.G.I. boxes – contact Shirley Smith or Gail Jenkins
- Master’s Table Volunteers (Fridays, 10am to 11am) – contact Jackie Williams